Entry and Exit Requirements:
- All travelers whether foreigners or returning residents whose countries or airlines require them to provide negative testing for COVID-19 as a condition for traveling will be required to present a certificate on arrival. Travelers from other countries with symptoms and signs related to COVID-19 infection will undergo enhanced screening and may be tested on arrival.
- Passengers should fill in Health Surveillance Form ( if requested) in the plane, or any other transport means and submit them to Port Health authorities upon
- All people residing in Tanzania are advised to avoid non-essential travels to COVID-19 affected c
ountries. - In case of any medical emergency while in the United Republic of Tanzania, please call the Health Emergency Number or Hotel in charge at the respective hotels
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY If you feel bad and have symptoms (cough, fever, difficult in breathing), stay homeand avoid contacts with others. Do not go to clinics. Contact your doctor or Tanzanian Ministry of health emergency toll free number: 199. For Zanzibar, call toll free: 190.
Aga Khan Hospital has a dedicated 24/7 hotline: +255 785 749 359.
All hospitals should be screening for COVID19 and if they are concerned they will call the Rapid Response Team to come take a sample. Please be patient. There are a few teams serving all of Dar es Salaam and in all districts in Tanzania and Zanzibar.
All samples are being processed at the government lab and the time to take the sample and get a result could be 24hours. Until you get a result, assume you are contagious and isolate yourself as much as possible.
Laboratories for PCR testing
- Arusha Lutheran Medical Center, Arusha
- Fame Hospital, Arusha
- Mount Meru RRH, Arusha
- Benjamini Mkapa Hospital, Dodoma
- DCMC, Dodoma
- Dodoma RRH, Dodoma
- Makole HC, Dodoma
- Agakhan Hospital, DSM
- Amana RRH, DSM
- IST Clinic, DSM
- JKCI, DSM
- Muhimbili National Hospital, DSM
- Mwananyamala RRH, DSM
- Iringa RRH, Iringa
- Kasulu DH, Kigoma
- Kigoma RRH, Kigoma
- Hai District Hospital, Kilimanjaro
- KCMC, Kilimanjaro
- Mawenzi RRH, Kilimanjaro
- Musoma RRH, Mara
- Mbalizi Hospital Ifisi, Mbeya
- MBEYA ZRH, Mbeya
- RRH, Mbeya
- Agakhan Hospital, Mwanza
- Bugando Medical Center, Mwanza
- CF Hospital, Mwanza
- Nyamagana District Hospital, Mwanza
- Sekou Toure RRH, Mwanza
- Moro RRH, Morogoro
- Mnazi Mmoja Hospital, Zanzibar Island
- Chake Chake Hospital, Pemba Island